Monday, June 10th, 2019 - 7.30pm - 10pm
About the LiveRead EVENT:
- We meet once every 2 months and have talented actors read up to 30 pages each from two scripts selected from our screenwriting competition (see the contest page for details.)
- After the actors leave the stage, we'll ask our winning writer(s) on stage where our moderator and 'Industry Insider' will give their feedback. We then allow others in attendance to comment.
- ALL COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO 2 MINUTES. So practice your succinctness... or just focus on one bit. You are welcome to expand on your comments directly with the writer when we're done. Please note, we strongly believe in fostering a positive and supportive community, keep your notes objective and constructive.
- After the script readings, we'll have a brief Q&A with our Industry Insider and moderator, and then take questions from the audience.
- We LiveStream the reading, so if you aren't L.A. based you can still join us via the interwebs. Past readings are also available through our Youtube page, it's an excellent FREE resource... just watch some of the Q&A's and see for yourself!
- Plus! Free homemade-from-scratch cookies + water!
- Admission: Tickets are $15 to help cover costs. You can pay through Eventbrite, Film Freeway, or you can show up at the door. Cookies are included in the contribution of course!
- Parking: There's free street parking on Melrose and surrounding streets, but read those parking signs. We HIGHLY suggest coming before 7:30pm, so you can grab a homemade cookie and meet some of your peers! Traffic in the area is unpredictable, so give yourself ample time to be safe.
" Wanted to drop a line and say how much I enjoyed the evening... It's that great combo of entertaining/informational/social. I was really impressed by the notes offered up as well. I'll be back - both in person and with submissions." - Paul L.
" Writers gathering to help, inspire, suffer, and bleed with other writers... thoroughly enjoyable time!" - Steven M.
" Aside from the great pleasure of hearing my script read aloud the feedback from the Insider, Tim, and the audience was insightful and made me excited for another pass at the script. I would highly recommend this monthly festival not only for submissions but also for attendees, all aspects of LiveRead/LA are beneficial for growing in writing regardless of if your script is selected!" - Jenna W.
Upcoming 2019 SCHEDULE:
- LRLA #21 - Monday, June 10th, 2019 - 7.30pm - 9.45pm
- LRLA #22 - Monday, August 26th, 2019 -7.30pm - 9.30pm
- LRLA #23 - Monday, October 21st, 2019 - 7.30pm - 9.30pm
- LRLA #24 - Monday, December 2nd, 2019 - 7.30pm - 9.30pm
Get Tickets HERE