To Register for LiveRead/Lab:
Introducing LiveRead/Lab – an intimate, Los Angeles based program designed to focus on your creative process.
This six-week workshop, moderated by our Director Tim Schildberger, brings many of the positive qualities of the LiveRead/LA experience into a smaller, even more collaborative atmosphere.
Think of it as a ‘writer’s gym’. Each week you’ll complete innovative exercises and challenges focused on exploring creativity, and emotional connection to your writing.
Talented actors will attend every session, and read everything created, and there’ll be a special emphasis on the giving and receiving of constructive feedback. Our goal is to sharpen your skills as a creative writer, to give you access to the instructive power of hearing your words read live, and to continue our quest to build helpful writing communities and creative ‘safe spaces’.
- (8-10 writers, and 5 actors) will meet every Wednesday night, beginning Wednesday, October 4th.
- Each week writers will be given specific assignments which will be read and discussed as a group.
- Some writing within the Lab will also occur.
- Please note none of your previous scripts will be explored or discussed - this is a chance to focus on your creative process, to give you a brief weekly break from the story currently consuming you.
Price and Payment:
Regular price for the six-week course is $450. But for our first Lab, we’re knocking 20% off - so the special fee for this lab ONLY $360.
Payment is due in full at the time you sign up via Paypal. A reminder only 8-10 spaces are available, so we suggest you act quickly.
Once you have joined – we will send your first ‘assignment’ a week before our first session.
- If you have a laptop you can bring, that would be helpful but not crucial.
- Tea/coffee/water will be available (and cookies).
- There will be no recording made of any session. What happens in Lab stays in Lab.
- The location:
Suite #B211, Bronson Building
Hollywood, CA 90038
We’re excited to add this program, and we look forward to working with you soon. If you have any questions at all – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy: Cancel before September 27 and receive a full refund. Cancellations after that time will receive a refund minus a 25% cancellation fee.
To Register for LiveRead/LAB: