- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files and written in English.
- Entry Fee must accompany the script.
- Scripts can be no longer than 30 pages plus a title page in standard screenplay format (courier font). If the submitted script is over 30 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded.
- We accept: Feature screenplay, TV Pilot, TV Spec, Web series, Short Film, Stage Play. ANY GENRE
- The reading can be livestreamed, so someone not in LA can watch the reading and participate in the feedback that follows.
- At the conclusion of each contest's judging, all scripts will be archived, and the process will start again. No holdovers of any kind. All writers are encouraged to re-write and re-submit to any future contest.
- A winning writer is not eligible to win another competition for 12 months.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth. Please note LiveRead/LA will NOT pay for airfare to, or accommodation in, Los Angeles.
- LiveRead/LA is open to anyone 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided the writer has permission to adapt the work. Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.
- Any script currently under option is NOT eligible.
- Collaborative work is eligible. By submitting, writing teams acknowledge that all members of the writing team agree to these terms and conditions.
- Do not include resumes, pitches, synopses, casting suggestions, letters, or other supporting documentation with your submission. Judges will not receive these materials. Just a logline if you have one.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries. Each submission must include its own unique script and entry fee.
- Once an entry has been submitted and payment has been processed, no refunds will be issued. No revisions or re-submissions will be accepted.
- Affiliates, employees, and family members of the readers, judges, and staff of LiveRead/LA, are not eligible for the competition.
- By entering LiveRead/LA, you acknowledge and agree that contest judges receive numerous submissions of ideas, stories, and scripts, and that your entry and the ideas and stories embodied in it may be similar or identical to other material already received and/or developed by one or more of the judges.
- By entering LiveRead/LA, you understand LiveRead/LA will be free to use your name, script title, and logline for promotional purposes.
- LiveRead/LA winners give permission to LiveRead/LA, to audio and video record their live read script reading for use on websites and social media platforms.
- By entering the LiveRead/LA competition, you agree that you have read the rules and conditions of the contest and that you have the authorization to submit your screenplay to the LiveRead/LA contest. You further agree that your screenplay is owned by you (and co-author(s)).
- The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless LiveRead/LA, its employees, contractors, agents and judges from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and/or publicity to the Screenplay entered.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
All information below is current as of May 25, 2018.
We do not actively collect any personal data from anyone who visits livereadla.com, but we are able to track the country that visitors are in. We do this using a service call 'Stats 2.0 Real Time Visitor Tracking' provided via our website server company WestHost.com
Basically, we don't know anything about who you are other than your general location.
If you sign up for the LiveRead/LA email list, we collect either your name and email address or just your email address. We only use this email list for occasional updates about the competition and related information. You are free to unsubscribe from the email list at anytime. We will never share or sell your information.
The information we receive about entrants is limited to their name, email address, submitted script, and their FilmFreeway profile -- however, we do not review the profile as part of the competition.
We use the names and email addresses of entrants to inform them of their judging status. We also send emails to past entrants about contest discounts or information about upcoming seasons of LiveRead/LA. Entrants can opt out of these emails at any time. If entrants choose to opt out, they will still receive an email notification when their judging status is determined.