About the Live Read Event:
- We meet once every 6 weeks. The schedule is listed below.
- We cast our readings with input from the writer, then let the actors loose on the pages. When they're done, the moderator and the 'Industry Insider' will give their feedback, and then others in attendance will be invited to comment.
- ALL COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO 2 MINUTES. We will have a timer. So practice your succinctness... or just focus on one bit. You are welcome to expand on your comments directly with the writer when we're done. Please note, we strongly believe in fostering a positive and supportive community, keep your notes objective and constructive.
- After the live table readings, we'll have a brief Q&A with our Industry Insider, and we'll take questions from the audience.
- We live stream the reading - so if your script is selected and you can't make it - you can watch online, and receive all the feedback live. All readings will also be archived for future reference and is available through our Youtube page which is linked below.
- Plus! Free homemade-from-scratch cookies + hydration station!
- Monday, September 18, 2017 - 7.30pm - 9.30pm
- Halloween Special, Monday, October 30, 2017 - 7.30pm - 9.30pm
- Monday, December 11, 2017 - 7.30pm - 9.30pm
" Wanted to drop a line and say how much I enjoyed the evening... It's that great combo of entertaining/informational/social. I was really impressed by the notes offered up as well. I'll be back - both in person and with submissions." - Paul Lavoie
" Writers gathering to help, inspire, suffer, and bleed with other writers... thoroughly enjoyable time!" - Steven Morrison
" Aside from the great pleasure of hearing my script read aloud the feedback from the Insider, Tim, and the audience was insightful and made me excited for another pass at the script. I would highly recommend this monthly festival not only for submissions but also for attendees, all aspects of LiveRead/LA are beneficial for growing in writing regardless of if your script is selected!" - Jenna Wycoff