Hi, Tim here, Founder of LRLA. During this time of social distancing and upheaval, we're trying a few different things to keep writers engaged, distracted, and informed. Before I go on, let me say that just because you have a lot more 'alone' time in your home, and more opportunities to write a script, a novel, or whatever, it doesn't mean you're instantly more creative. Or motivated. These are trying times, so I encourage you not apply too much pressure to make the most of this 'opportunity'. Be kind to yourself.
Our first writing assignment went well, and we're on track to have the winning video posted within days. While you wait, please note I have cut my consulting fees by 30% for the duration of this crisis. Details on our 'Consulting' Page. There are a range of options starting at $56.
In the coming days, we'll announce another writing challenge, and we'll schedule a free zoom 'meeting' to discuss a specific aspect of screenwriting. I'll share what I know, and take questions and contributions so we may gather as a community.
Stay safe, and hang in there,
- A Screenwriting Competition/Event Series – giving writers a chance to hear their words read by professional actors live, get constructive feedback from an ‘Industry Insider' in a safe and supportive environment, and providing a place for writers of all skill levels to meet, connect, contribute and learn.
- A Writing Workshop - A series of innovative and unique workshops with writing exercises and professional actors reading everything, all focused on improving creativity and emotional connection with story, characters and the all important audience.
- A Coach/Consultation Service - Work one-on-one with our founder and Head Judge Tim Schildberger, an experienced writer and highly regarded script coach to help focus, connect, and sharpen your skills and your project - no matter your experience level.
- A Community – A ‘creative safe space’ - Everything we do is designed to help writers explore and improve their creative process and emotional bravery, and to help them connect with other writers.
" The LiveRead/LA event is the kind of supportive community screenwriters dream about, with great actors and an insightful moderator leading the exchange of constructive feedback. It was an honor to be a guest and I look forward to coming back soon!"
- Mickey Fisher – Creator, ‘Reverie’ (NBC), 'Extant' (CBS) and our Industry Insider, August 2017
"LiveRead/LA is amazing - I received incredibly constructive feedback, plus seeing a portion of my script read live by professional actors was a truly special experience."
- Natalie Higdon - Winner, LiveRead/LA #25, January 2020.
"I can honestly say my reading from LiveRead/LA started me on the marathon that has led to more competition placements, personal validation and representation. I'm forever grateful to you and the team."
- David A. Flores - Winner, LiveRead/LA #4, January 2017 (pictured with 'Insider' Monica Levinson), now repped by Literary Manager Sean Woods, Fourward.
Sean Woods - Literary Manager - Fourward
- El Punk
- Get Lost
Stuart Creque - The Monster of Clearwater
Ari Frenkel- Waterville
Mary Goldman- The Redemption of Frank Malone
Phillip Hollins - Blackballed
Josh Naquin - Bigfoot Killed My Mom
Mario Rivas - Stormtrooper
Adam Sypnier- Doomed
Paul Zeidman- The Iron Horse of Lucy Steele