UPDATE - 12/15/20
Lab Goes ONLINE!!!
As the pandemic drags on - we are starting 2021 on a positive note by taking our popular workshop online!
Only 4 writers per Lab, for 4 weeks only, with 4 actors joining us each week to read your exercises.
As the Lab is now open to everyone globally, we're offering two time choices:Lab 1: Wednesday evenings - January 27th - Feb 17th 2021 - 7.30pm - 9.30pm (Pacific)
Lab 2: Saturdays - January 30th - Feb 20th 2021 - 1pm - 3pm (Pacific time)
The Lab fee is $300. Payment is due in full when you reserve your seat. We accept Venmo and Paypal.
If you have questions, or want to reserve your seat, email Tim HERE - space is obviously limited and is a first come, first served basis.
Start your 2021 writing year off the right way...join us!
LiveRead/Lab changes that! In our 6-week program, a small group of writers are given innovative exercises and the opportunity to present existing material. Then, professional actors read EVERYTHING written. We follow each reading with constructive feedback, where everyone has a voice in a collaborative safe space. It's all designed to help you dive deeper into the emotional and creative aspects of writing which you need if you're going to write a script that connects with an audience.
LAB SCHEDULE 2020: Wednesday Evenings for 6 weeks - 7.30pm - 10pm
- January 22nd - February 26th - Raleigh Studios, Hollywood.
- April 15th - May 20th - Raleigh Studios, Hollywood.
- A maximum of 8 writers and 4 actors will meet every week for 6-weeks at offices in historic Raleigh Studios in Hollywood ( Address/ map below)
- Every week writers will be given specific assignments aimed at pushing your creative boundaries, and embracing your power to conteol an audience's emotional reactions. All will be read by our actors and discussed as a group.
- Our Lab is open to novice and experienced writers and everyone in between.
- Tea, coffee, water, & cookies will be provided.
- Fees: Your first six-week course fee is $395. Returning 'alumni' fee is $360. To reserve your seat we require a deposit of $100. The remaining payment is due in full, 2 weeks before the start of the first session. If you have not paid in full at that time, your deposit will be lost, and your seat in the Lab will be forfeited.
- Cancellation Policy: If you have paid in full and cancel more than two weeks before the first session, you will receive a full refund. If you paid the deposit only and cancel more than two weeks before the first session, you will receive a full refund. If you have paid in full and cancel within two weeks of the first session, you will receive a refund minus a $200 cancellation fee. There is no refund once the Lab has commenced.
- Payment is accepted through Venmo - @livereadla
- Email here to reserve your place in any of the 2020 classes now, or to ask any questions at all.
Three words: Playful - Professional - Productive." - Suzanne M.
"The LiveRead team have created a lab that is designed to give your writing the emotional depth that will take it from good to great."
- Ari A.
Raleigh Studios - Bronson Building
5300 Melrose Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90038
(always bring your i.d., or security may not let you on the lot)