- A Screenwriting Competition/Event Series – giving writers a chance to hear their words read by professional actors live, get constructive feedback from an ‘Industry Insider' in a safe and supportive environment, and providing a place for writers of all skill levels to meet, connect, contribute and learn.
- A Writing Workshop - A series of innovative and unique workshops with writing exercises and professional actors reading everything, all focused on improving creativity and emotional connection with story and characters.
- A Coach/Consultation Service - Work one-on-one with our founder and Head Judge Tim Schildberger, an experienced writer and highly regarded script coach to help focus, connect, and sharpen your skills and your project - no matter your experience level.
- A Community – A ‘creative safe space’ - Everything we do - competitions, events, workshops - is designed to help writers explore and improve their creative process and emotional bravery.
" The LiveRead/LA event is the kind of supportive community screenwriters dream about, with great actors and an insightful moderator leading the exchange of constructive feedback. It was an honor to be a guest and I look forward to coming back soon!"
- Mickey Fisher – Creator, ‘Reverie’ (NBC), 'Extant' (CBS) and our Industry Insider, August 2017
"I was very impressed by the quality of the scripts I read, and the dedication and openness of the writers to our feedback. And above all, what a fun way for anyone to work – on stage, with peers and with actors bringing the characters to life."
- Sandra Yee Ling - Production Executive, Automatik and our Industry Insider, October, 2019
Elise Henderson - President of Television, MRC ('House of Cards, 'The Outsiders')
- Pick Up Sidney
Christan Mary Leonard
Sven Anarki - Dirty Blonde
Simon Bowler- Insurrection
Kelly Byrnes- 33 Weeks A Prude
Ginger Casey - Benny and The Jets
Gregg Ostrin - Jewish Guilt
Mark Perlick - Snowflakes
Amanda Samaroo- Civilized
Jeremy Storey- Seraphim's Miracle