Our next Quarantine Writing Challenge will open soon!
Previous Challenge winners below:
- Mike McDonald's 'Cat' reading HERE
- Natalie Wetta's 'Fantasy' reading HERE
- Rowan Meyer's 'Love' reading HERE
- 'Brittle Trombone' challenge winner Tony Ferrendelli's reading HERE
Our sister competition Write LA is open for entries! With prizes that include access to reps, a trip to LA, a reading of your entire script, filmed and posted, and free Final Draft software, it's worth checking out. Entries close June 15.
A reminder, my script consulting fees are discounted 30% for the duration of this crisis. Feel free to give me a reason to stop answering kids' homeschooling questions. Please.
Stay safe, hang in there, and good luck!
- A Screenwriting Competition/Event Series – giving writers a chance to hear their words read by professional actors live, get constructive feedback from an ‘Industry Insider' in a safe and supportive environment, and providing a place for writers of all skill levels to meet, connect, contribute and learn.
- A Writing Workshop - A series of innovative and unique workshops with writing exercises and professional actors reading everything, all focused on improving creativity and emotional connection with story, characters and the all important audience.
- A Coach/Consultation Service - Work one-on-one with our founder and Head Judge Tim Schildberger, an experienced writer and highly regarded script coach to help focus, connect, and sharpen your skills and your project - no matter your experience level.
- A Community – A ‘creative safe space’ - Everything we do is designed to help writers explore and improve their creative process and emotional bravery, and to help them connect with other writers.
" The LiveRead/LA event is the kind of supportive community screenwriters dream about, with great actors and an insightful moderator leading the exchange of constructive feedback. It was an honor to be a guest and I look forward to coming back soon!"
- Mickey Fisher – Creator, ‘Reverie’ (NBC), 'Extant' (CBS) and our Industry Insider, August 2017
"LiveRead/LA is amazing - I received incredibly constructive feedback, plus seeing a portion of my script read live by professional actors was a truly special experience."
- Natalie Higdon - Winner, LiveRead/LA #25, January 2020.
"I can honestly say my reading from LiveRead/LA started me on the marathon that has led to more competition placements, personal validation and representation. I'm forever grateful to you and the team."
- David A. Flores - Winner, LiveRead/LA #4, January 2017 (pictured with 'Insider' Monica Levinson), now repped by Literary Manager Sean Woods, Fourward.
Sean Woods - Literary Manager - Fourward
- El Punk
- Get Lost
Stuart Creque - The Monster of Clearwater
Ari Frenkel- Waterville
Mary Goldman- The Redemption of Frank Malone
Phillip Hollins - Blackballed
Josh Naquin - Bigfoot Killed My Mom
Mario Rivas - Stormtrooper
Adam Sypnier- Doomed
Paul Zeidman- The Iron Horse of Lucy Steele