Hearing your words spoken by professional actors is a vital part of the creative process. Getting feedback from fellow writers and industry professionals in a calm, respectful space is just as important. Which is why we're here.
We're giving 2 writers a chance to hear their words read aloud... flaws and all. It's a rare and special chance to hear how your script is progressing, and work on one of this industry's toughest skills... receiving notes. Writers who attend the reading get to hear other people's work, give constructive notes, and meet someone on the inside of this crazy business. Re-writing is a crucial phase of the creative process. Listening to different scripts and thinking about feedback helps you identify strengths and weaknesses in your own work which will help you in the re-writing/polishing process - we guarantee it.
- You pay a small submission fee ($25) and send us up to 30 pages of your script as a PDF file. One act of your screenplay, or most of your TV pilot/spec etc. No hard copy submissions accepted.
- We read, and select 2 writers to have their work read by actors at our monthly live read presentation.
- We start fresh every month. No holdovers, but we'll give you a discount if you re-write and re-submit. Or just re-submit. But we'd prefer you did a re-write.
- We accept screenplays, TV pilots, specs, short films, web series, even stage plays. ANY GENRE.
- You can send us less than 30 pages - don't worry. But if you send 31 or more, YOUR SCRIPT WILL NOT BE READ AND YOUR FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. Don't say you weren't warned.
- Submitting with Film Freeway is easy, secure and reliable. Plus you can find other contests and festivals to enter your script...